- THE WINES
- COUNTING DOWN TO THE 4TH CENTURY
- Book a visit
- Host a reception
The House of Ruinart was founded on 1 September 1729. The eighteenth century, the century of the Enlightenment, was a time when intellectuals, philosophers and artists were raising questions about the world and indirectly contributing to defining the French art of living.
In 1896, it commissioned a young Czech artist, Alphonse Mucha, who worked in a studio on boulevard de Port-Royal, to design an advertisement to promote the excellence of our cuvées throughout the world. Mucha’s advertisement created a sensation and
The connection between Ruinart and art has remained strong ever since.